a community in need
"It is still difficult because we are having a hard time finding work. But Mothers’ Club has helped my family find resources at food banks and low cost medical and dental care."
We serve the northwest Pasadena community, which has high levels of poverty and low education.
- 49% of adults over 25 do not have high school diplomas
- 47% of adults over 25 cannot read a bus schedule
- 40% of families with children under 5 llive below the federal poverty level
- 62% of families are among the working poor
- The median family income is $27,350.
Last year, we served families with the highest needs in our community.
- 91% of the 100 children we served lived in poverty
- 61% of the 72 parents we served did not graduate from high school
- 47% of parents had less than a 9th grade education
- 71% of parents spoke a language other than English at home
- 28% of families lived in a household with multiple families because of economic hardship